SECTION 1600-1602

1600.  (a) A guardianship of the person or estate or both terminates
when the ward attains majority or dies.
   (b) A guardianship of the person terminates upon the adoption of
the ward or upon the emancipation of the ward under Section7002 of
the Family Code.

1601.  Upon petition of the guardian, a parent, the ward, or, in the
case of an Indian child custody proceeding, an Indian custodian or
the ward's tribe, the court may make an order terminating the
guardianship if the court determines that it is in the ward's best
interest to terminate the guardianship. Notice of the hearing on the
petition shall be given for the period and in the manner provided in
Chapter 3 (commencing with Section 1460) of Part 1.

1602.  (a) The Legislature hereby finds and declares that guardians
perform a critical and important role in the lives of minors,
frequently assuming a parental role and caring for a child when the
child's parent or parents are unable or unwilling to do so.
   (b) Upon making a determination that a guardianship should be
terminated pursuant to Section 1601, the court may consider whether
continued visitation between the ward and the guardian is in the ward'
s best interest. As part of the order of termination, the court shall
have jurisdiction to issue an order providing for ongoing visitation
between a former guardian and his or her former minor ward after the
termination of the guardianship. The order granting or denying
visitation may not be modified unless the court determines, based
upon evidence presented, that there has been a significant change of
circumstances since the court issued the order and that modification
of the order is in the best interest of the child.
   (c) A copy of the visitation order shall be filed in any court
proceeding relating to custody of the minor. If a prior order has not
been filed, and a proceeding is not pending relating to the custody
of the minor in the court of any county, the visitation order may be
used as the sole basis for opening a file in the court of the county
in which the custodial parent resides. While a parent of the child
has custody of the child, proceedings for modification of the
visitation order shall be determined in a proceeding under the Family