SECTION 2210-2217

2210.  As used in this article:
   (a) "Guardian or conservator" includes a proposed guardian or
proposed conservator.
   (b) "Ward or conservatee" includes a proposed ward or proposed

2211.  The court in which a guardianship or conservatorship
proceeding is pending may, upon petition therefor, transfer the
proceeding to another county within this state.

2212.  The petition for transfer may be filed only by one or more of
the following:
   (a) The guardian or conservator.
   (b) The ward or conservatee.
   (c) The spouse of the ward or the spouse or domestic partner of
the conservatee.
   (d) A relative or friend of the ward or conservatee.
   (e) Any other interested person.

2213.  The petition for transfer shall set forth all of the
   (a) The county to which the proceeding is to be transferred.
   (b) The name and address of the ward or conservatee.
   (c) A brief description of the character, value, and location of
the property of the ward or conservatee.
   (d) The reasons for the transfer.
   (e) The names and addresses, so far as they are known to the
petitioner, of the spouse and of the relatives of the ward within the
second degree, or of the spouse or domestic partner and of the
relatives of the conservatee within the second degree.
   (f) The name and address of the guardian or conservator if other
than the petitioner.

2214.  Notice of the hearing shall be given for the period and in
the manner provided in Chapter 3 (commencing with Section 1460) of
Part 1. In addition, the petitioner shall mail a notice of the time
and place of the hearing and a copy of the petition to all persons
required to be listed in the petition at least 15 days before the
date set for the hearing.

2215.  (a) Any of the following persons may appear at the hearing to
support or oppose the petition and may file written objections to
the petition:
   (1) Any person required to be listed in the petition.
   (2) Any creditor of the ward or conservatee or of the estate.
   (3) Any other interested person.
   (b) (1) If the court determines that the transfer requested in the
petition will be for the best interests of the ward or conservatee,
it shall make an order transferring the proceeding to the other
   (2)  In those cases in which the court has approved a change of
residence of the conservatee, it shall be presumed to be in the best
interests of the conservatee to transfer the proceedings if the ward
or conservatee has moved his or her residence to another county
within the state in which any person set forth in subdivision (b) of
Section 1821 also resides. The presumption that the transfer is in
the best interests of the ward or conservatee, may be rebutted by
clear and convincing evidence that the transfer will harm the ward or

2216.  (a) Upon the order of transfer, the clerk shall transmit to
the clerk of the court to which the proceeding is transferred a
certified or exemplified copy of the order, together with all papers
in the proceeding on file with the clerk.
   (b) The clerk of the court from which the removal is made shall
receive no fee therefor but shall be paid out of the estate all
expenses incurred by the clerk in the removal. The clerk of the court
to which the proceeding is transferred is entitled to such fees as
are payable on the filing of a like original proceeding.

2217.  (a) When an order has been made transferring venue to another
county, the court transferring the matter shall set a hearing within
two months to confirm receipt of the notification described in
subdivision (b). If the notification has not been made, the
transferring court shall make reasonable inquiry into the status of
the matter.
   (b) When a court receives the file of a transferred guardianship
or conservatorship, the court:
   (1) Shall send written notification of the receipt to the court
that transferred the matter.
   (2) Shall take proper action pursuant to ensure compliance by the
guardian or conservator with the matters provided in Section 1456.5.
   (3) If the case is a conservatorship, may conduct a review,
including an investigation, as described in Sections 1851 to 1853,