SECTION 6510-6511

6510.  Upon the filing of the inventory or at any subsequent time
during the administration of the estate, the court in its discretion
may on petition therefor set apart all or any part of the property of
the decedent exempt from enforcement of a money judgment, other than
the family dwelling, to any one or more of the following:
   (a) The surviving spouse.
   (b) The minor children of the decedent.

6511.  A petition for an order under Section 6510 may be filed by
any interested person. Notice of the hearing on the petition shall be
given as provided in Section 1220.