The Probate Process from A to Z for Real Estate Professionals
August 21st at the Downey Association of Realtors
Paul Horn is perhaps the only probate attorney and CPA in Southern California who consistently teaches live seminars to real estate professionals, including REALTORS and investors. Most of the time, the content-packed 3-hour seminars are free of charge or very low-cost and provide in-depth knowledge about the probate process as well as legal and financial consequences of holding a title. The live training outlines the Probate Process from A to Z from the perspective of a real estate professional. Our goal is to make sure that the attendees leave the seminar confident in their ability to handle a probate real estate transaction from start to finish.
What you’ll learn:
- What is probate?
- How is a home sold in probate?
- The Probate Process from A to Z for Realtors/Investors
- How does a court confirmation probate sale work in real estate?
- The Probate Real Estate Sale Process: Full vs. Limited IAEA Authority
- The Probate Court confirmation and the overbidding process
- Appraising the Probate Home
- California's new law "Revocable Transfer on Death Deed"; new law for homeowners
- Protect and maximize your probate commission
- When and How to sell real estate under a conservatorship & living trust
- Using Proposition 58 & 193 to avoid property tax reassessment upon death of property owner
- The Benefits and Pitfalls of Joint Tenancy & Community Property Vesting
- Avoid capital tax gains by vesting title properly
- Can the State take my home if I go on Medi-Cal?
- NEW LAW: Medi-Cal Planning Recovery & How to Avoid it — If your homeowners are on Medi-Cal, they MUST understand this law and take advantage of it! Often time, children are forced to sell off their parents' home in order to satisfy Medi-Cal reimbursement. This does not need to happen to your homeowners in 2017!
- Differences between Revocable vs. Irrevocable Trust?
- And Much Much More…….
BONUS: Attend the seminar and find out how to get all probate leads in Southern California that need REALTORS or INVESTORS for approximately $0.06 per lead, without going to the courthouse. The probate leads contain:
- the address of the house that needs to be sold (or bought)
- the personal representative's address
- the personal representatives telephone number (if filed with the court)
- the personal representative is the person with the court authority to sell the house
- the type of authority the personal representative has requested (either limited authority or full authority)
- the applicable hearing date which grants the authority
- the value of the house and the mortgage on the house
- the beneficiary or beneficiaries of the estate
- the date the probate case was filed
- the name, address, and email of the probate attorney handling the case
- the probate case number
The leads are all delivered on an Excel spreadsheet on a weekly basis. The spreadsheet can easily be sorted or used as part of a mail merge process to easily contact of the personal representative.